Greek Evzones, Albanian Front, November 1940 (part 2)

Here is the finished base. It is already on display at the modelling exhibition in Thessaloniki,

A few things could be better, ie. a bid of mud mixed with the snow, but I think it came out OK

I hope that someone will make some 28mm figures some day so we can field them in many tabletop battles.

Advertisements

Greek Evzones, Albanian Front, November 1940 (part 1)

It’s being too long………………………………………..

Health issues (again!!!) and the whole depressing situation about the economy, had kept me away from sharing what I was working for the past few months. Unfortunately nothing Napoleonic which would have helped me with the peace of my mind-yes I know it sound weird , but the multitude of Nappy uniforms calm me down.

Anyway, a very good friend and customer send me those 54mm plastic figures from ICM, an Ukrainian company of model kits,  to paint for a modelling exhibition  in Thessaloniki.

The venue coincides with the celebration of our national holiday at the 28th of October, (called the “ΟΧΙ” day, the day of “NO”) the day  in 1940 when we declined the ultimatum for surrender to the Italian army, thus bringing Greece into the war.

The figures are wonderful posed and animated with only two “slight” mistakes, the lack of the third double catridge pouch situated at the back of the belt,wich I canibalized from a second kit and a rim at the helmet- there was none- and easily sanded off.

So here are the first photos of the figures, still in the final stages of painting with the base and the conclusion in another post

British-Hanoverian Artillery

I love the versatility and malleability of plastic figures. Here is what can you achieve with spare parts and a minimum amount of buying I’ve had some spare artillery hands from Victrix  British artillery box and some spare British bodies from the Perry’s box. With 9 pdr guns from Front Rank here is the result Comment are always welcome

Hanoverian Landwehr part 2

This is the second Unit of Landwehr men from the Kingdom of Hannover using peaked cap heads from the Perry’s  Prussian Jaeger sprue. This time I’ve decided to make the cap cords on the Stovepipe Shakos with epoxy putty instead of copper wire like my first unit . I was planing to order a whole bunch of flags either from GMB or Flags of war, but the crisis caught up with us before that.  I’m opting for painting them freehand. Have a nice week friends Andreas

3rd Dutch Carabineers 1815

I just finished this commission for the friend who builds the non British Allied forces for our 1815 project. With this unit the Heavies of the kingdom of Netherlands are finished along with their commander M.General Trip

Enjoy

Austrian 1st regiment of Uhlans 1809

A small break from the 100 says campaign this time, but with more Waterloo to come ASAP. Wagram  in 1809 was one of the biggest battles of the Napoleonic wars and Austria fielded some of the most colourful mounted units of the era, the Uhlans (lancers) among them

The 3 regiments was distinguished by the colour of their chapka tops, the first regiment having yellow, with the rest of the uniform common to all the regiments.

Horses were painted with Americana acrylics and I think I have managed to figure out how the various shades -so different from Vallejo- blend together

Comments are most welcome

Bolt action Vehicles

After 25 years, the Bolt Action game rules by Warlord Games gave me the opportunity to start painting AFV’s again (being my childhood and adolescence modelling interest)

So here Is a commission for our club president and  a good friend  of his winter themed Late war Germans. The Puma is from Italeri and the Pzkfw IV ausf F2 from Blitzgrieg both in 1/48 scale. (the 1/56 are way too small for my liking)

After painting the vehicles with the standard 3 tone camouflage using Humbrol and the old ExtraColor line (yes I have them from back in the day!!!!!!!) , I applied the whitewash as the Germans did back in the day, splashing white acrylic with a no10 flat brush. Then a spnge, dipped in denaturized alcohol was used to wipe the white from the edges and the well trodden areas of the vehicles.  a mix of very fine sand, brown acrylic gloss acrylic varnish and static grass  was literally thrown at the lower part of both vehicles.

I am very pleased with the end results even after a quarter of a century passed since my last encounter with the “modern cavalry’ in miniatures.

Enjoy